--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:

< Says the man who compared Maharishi to Mao.>

Two choices here Nabby so you can take your pick.

1.  You sincerely didn't understand what I was comparing about these two men's
follower's beliefs and think I was comparing them as men.  In this case you are
a very dim bulb.

2. You did understand my point about the unreliability of people's subjective
evaluation of leader's divinity and are deliberately misrepresenting it.  In
this case you are being a dick.

So which is it?

But as an extension of my correction of my use of the term "disrespectful" in
Judy's post; I deserve derision for misusing it.  It was an idiotic thing to
say, and does not reflect my view on further thought.  Showing "respect" for an
idea or historical person is highly overrated, especially in intellectual
discussions.  So the spirit of you calling me out is acknowledged, and I cop to
its accuracy.  I should be banned from ever using that term against others
here.  Duly noted.

About Maharishi, the Mao thing was not me showing disrespect.  You might have
used a phrase I have tossed out like "Maharishi the Hindu televangelist
huckstering mantras while claiming to be the most important man in history,
begging for phallic monuments to be built to his wonderfulness as his dying
wish" as a better example.  If you ever need help selecting them let me know.
Probably nothing tops my characterization of Guru Dev as the "Lottery winning
homeless man...I mean lifetime camper who happens to be housing-impaired."  You
might want to keep that handy in case I try to pull this "disrespect" thing
again.