here she is:(Beatrice Kathleen)Patricia Taylor
"Arthur Avalon: The Creation of a Legendary Orientalist," in Myth and
Mythmaking," ed. Julia Leslie [Richmond, Eng.: Curzon Press, 1996], pp.
151-61); see also her paper "Arthur Avalon among the Orientalists: Sir
John Woodroffe and Tantra" ( Oxford Uni­versity); and her book, "Sir
John Woodroffe, Tantra, and Bengal: An In­dian Soul in a European
Body"(Richmond, Eng.: Curzon Press, 2oo1).
http://books.google.com/books?id=tcykYqIfNqsC&printsec=frontcover&dq=Tay\
lor+The+Creation+Of+A+Legendary+Orientalist:+Sir+John+Woodroffe+As+%27Ar\
thur+Avalon%27+In&hl=de&ei=NfdoTqHbPIK0iQfE_ogn&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=r\
esult&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=mantra&f=false
http://tinyurl.com/3n2yv2d
She persuasively invites us to harbour no illusions about
Woodroffe/Avalon, the name influenced merely by his favourite painting:
Burne-Jones's "Arthur's sleep in Avalon "(based on Tennyson),

but nevertheless to respect him for what he achieved.
Interesting and recommended  read:
In human terms, one thing that one misses in Taylor's account (not
through any failing on her part, but through lack of surviving evidence)
is a detailed impression of the warm and close friendships he
undoubtedly had with Indians. In their heyday, he and his
concert-pianist wife Ellen hosted one of Calcutta's most glittering
salons.
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:
SNIP

> As for Woodroofe, I have the doctoral thesis that was published about
10
> years ago where the author claims he may not have written most of
those
> books and that the were written by his Indian friend would not have
been
> published under his own name.
snip