--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunshine@...> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2011, at 3:47 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
>
> > Can't resist, so I have to take advantage of a utility I wrote that
> > allows me to highlight a block of text on any Web page and do
> > a word count on it, without having to read it.
> >
> > Sal's post:  33 words
> >
> > MZ's reply, trying to suck her into an argument: 967 words
>
> It's sort of unbelievable, really.
> I did my best to provide comments
> with *out* getting totally sucked
> in.  You have to wonder how much
> time someone has on their hands
> if they can expend so much of it
> on this crap.

I honestly suspect that a few of these folks (you know
who we're talking about) honestly *can't conceive* of
anyone not reading every word of their posts.

After all, they read every word of every post of the
people *they're* obsessed with. They assume that others
are equally obsessed with them, because...uh...well,
because they're just so special and all. :-)

What I love are the ones who imagine that they're
having a dialogue with people who stopped reading their
posts (except for the first few words you can't avoid
in the time it takes to hit the Next key) in months.
It reminds me of the Sarah McLachlan story of the
obsessed fan who was stalking her whose claim was
that every song on every album she released was written
directly to and about him. She finally did write a song
about him (called "Possession") and reported him to the
police. He did time.