--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > Another boring day in the life of the Turqo; counting words.
> > > :-)
> >
> > I'm curious to know whether anyone here has ever
> > encountered a word-counting utility that requires
> > one to read the words it counts. ;-)
>
> Judy,
>
> That means he's got nothing else better to do than count
> words posted by others, as Nabs brilliantly deduced.

Er, right. I think the point of my question may have been
too subtle. I was amused that Barry felt the need to
*explain* to us that his word-counting utility allowed
him to count words without reading them, as if there were
word-counting utilities that *did* require one to read the
words.

For that matter, it was funny enough that he had to
announce he had used a word-counting utility at all, as if
he feared we might think he had done it manually.