I never met Peter and am not saying he is not a normal guy.  I think I am
saying he actually is a normal guy with one too many super normal stories.  I
did meet guys like him in the movement who have one too many miraculous tales
to tell.

If you listen to a guy like Vernon Katz talk about Maharishi you will see the
difference.  Vernon's descriptions of his interactions don't have the effect of
making him look special.  They make Maharishi look special but in a wise
balanced way.  He told me that Maharishi was fond of exaggerating. But it was
in a loving: "oh that Maharishi is such a rascal".  I should probably get his
book.

Your read on the minder may be correct.  Guys like Peter from the royal Wallace
family have always caused trouble for the movement because they don't bow to
any of Maharishi's minions.  I saw that with certain people who had been around
Maharishi in the early days.  Jerry was treated that way, with suspicion that
he wouldn't tow the latest party line when he was at MIU.

Perhaps Rick can fill in more of Peter's history in the movement.