On 10/15/2011 12:03 PM, at_man_and_brahman wrote:
> Someone has posted a nearly complete video of the 1975 appearance of
> Maharishi on Merv Griffin: Grandma Walton, Mary Tyler Moore, and Clint
> Eastwood. View it now before it is removed, either by the Movement or by Merv
> Griffin Enterprises.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3xm-7j3zk
>
> I'd love to see the 1977 appearance.

VCRs weren't all that great back then were they?  The TMO wouldn't have
any jurisdiction over this video and Merv Griffin Enterpises (if they
still exist) probably doesn't care.  My bet the original 2" tapes were
probably erased within a few weeks or days for reuse (companies didn't
do much archiving back then).   Probably no copyright renewed on the
show but Disney screwed the public again with the DMCA or we would have
a lot of great stuff public domain.