--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Doughney" <mike@...> wrote:

> > Similarly, the only thing that explains to me why I
> > ever thought MMY was in the least interesting is that
> > I was young and naive and foolish.
>
> Yep. Like that. And in my case, regularly boinking a pretty meditator might
> have had something to do with it too.
>
> The 1977 Merv Griffin appearance was used as my introductory lecture. Today I
> have real trouble getting past the first minute of this excerpt of that
> video; now I'd be sprinting for the door instead of sitting through a whole
> evening's worth of this crap.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUHlggf4hW0

Interesting in retrospect how he was lying through his teeth, using the term
"floating" and making it seem as if anyone had "ordered the laws of nature" in
any way close to what was being claimed.  Master of the miraculous innuendo.

This is where the cute holy man charm fades into straight up conscious con with
the audience packed with the ultimate laugh track of initiator insiders ready
to punctuate each of his preposterous lies with the delighted approval of those
who had bet their asses on his being right.

Wouldn't it have been great to be able to have jumped after commercial to a
clip of Maharishi in his last decade and the dome activity today?

That would have provided the right balance!