A few points about the Lad article.  He is primarily writing about the
"sounds" that the doshas have.   His mantra for the general public is
"So-Hum" which he discusses in the article.  The article also confirms
what I am saying.  I know his students recommend "Ram" to pacify vata,
"Shring" to pacify pitta and "Hoong" to pacify kapha.  There is a
difference between pacifying an imbalance and identify what sound is
association with a dosha.   David Frawley also has written in some of
his books about the effects of agni mantras and how they need to be
treated with care.

One might also want to consider the ages in which each dosha is
predominant and the TM entry level technique.    Also many mantra
techniques in ayurveda are meant to be practiced until balance is
achieved or the constitution restored.

I just find humorous that a bunch of people who practice a Saraswati
mantra might wind up living in their heads.  Very typically what any
yogi might expect of such a practice too. :-D

Sadly none of this stuff was taught to TM teachers (would have given
them the tools to break off from the movement) but is often taught in
other organizations.