On 10/25/2011 10:02 AM, authfriend wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
> <snip>
>> This film did not get great distribution in the states.
>> Wonder why?
> Because it ain't a blockbuster crowd-pleaser, that's why.
> You've seen the trailer. No fights, no explosions, no
> natural disasters, no love scenes. All very cerebral.
>
>> It's mainly available streaming on Vudu.com and YouTube's
>> pay movie section at the "still in theaters" rate.
> And widely available on demand on cable, of course.

Yeah, but who wants to give Comcast more money?  They take too much
already. :-D
>> Wall Street obviously does not
>> like these kinds of movies or want the public to see them.
> <giggle>
>
> But "Wall Street" doesn't have much choice, does it?
>
> You live in such an interesting world, Bhairitu.

Yes, the real world is very interesting indeed.

As Barry pointed out the movie has A-List actors.  I would also point
out that the distributor is Lionsgate, a Canadian company or as Kevin
Smith once put it "where your movie winds up when no one else wants
it."  Lionsgate also distributed his "Red State" movie which when went
to DVD and Bluray last week also was made available on Netflix Watch
Instantly.  I predict the same will happen with this film.

Remember I said the trailer played at the nearby multiplex.  That
usually means they'll book it.  But they didn't.  A couple weeks back I
looked at the booking for theaters on the film's web site and it was in
VERY limited release.   I think there was only one booking in the Bay
Area and way out of my way.

I know a bit about the film industry and I'm sure that when Wall Street
firms found out about this film they put pressure on major distributors
not to carry it.  After all the MSM was reluctant to cover OWS because
Wall Street is their "Daddy Warbucks" that is until Officer Baloney
pepper sprayed the women.  Then they had to cover it.

Yes, the real world is very interesting indeed.