Yes, I agree, and also feel that many are linked but have not fully consciously
perceived or accepted it.  But, simultaneously, many seem to have been but have
now been "liberated" from that connection and are quite glad of it, feeling
much lighter, freer, clearer, etc., that we no longer need to be carrying such
a weight for the collective.  One the one hand, I would love for that to happen
to me.  On the other, I also feel that if, in some small way I am still somehow
helping, that I will willingly continue, even unto death.  This all gets mixed
up for me with the Boddhisattva vow, which I think, at some point or other, I
must have made.