Just one proviso, I don't think entertaining the possibility of having taken
the Boddhisattva vow need feed ones ego.  I think, over the millennia, millions
of souls, many of whom were not necessarily that advanced, took those vows out
a simple desire to be of service and, perhaps, for more than a few of us, it
may explain a bit of our current "predicament."