--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Yifu" <yifuxero@...> wrote:

> So, you're appealing to the "The Mahareeshee says so" argument. Interesting
> parallel to the Bible Says So tactic:
> http://www.scottgbrooks.com/2009_10.html
> The notion that the universe needs an outsider observer is an outmoded
> corollary to the Copenhagen quantum viewpoint; but not at all necessary in
> the Many Worlds (or Multiverse) hypothesis as currently expounded by David
> Deutsch.

I don't believe the multiverse theory can be proved.  The current technology in
the world is not able to make any telescopes that can go beyond our universe.

> Besides, if you're saying there's an outside observer, is that a Personality?
> or simply some aspect of the relative but impersonal? What is the nature of
> that outside observer and why doesn't this lead to an infinite regress
> (needing another "outside" observer to observe that entity, and so
> on;....turtles all the way down).

Yes, the observer would a Personality of a divine order.  The Personality is
not an aspect of the relative, nor is it impersonal.

> The "God of the gaps" tactic is unsustainable (the notion that a "God" is
> needed to shore up supposed shortcomings in somebody's hypothesis).  The Many
> Worlds/Multiverse hypothesis in recent decades has more or less supplanted
> the Cophenhagen viewpoint among many if not most physicists; and this
> viewpoint by no means "needs" an outside observer since the Multiverse is
> it's own Observer.

How can the multiverse be it's own observer?  Nobody has proved the scientific
fact that the multiverse exists.  You're arguing from the viewpoint of
incorrect logic.