Robin,

Well this is all getting a bit Jr High but I am happy to explain further once
you read the full line on my post to Barry.

In the beginning of our conversations I just assumed you were gay. I believed
the Lady Gaga discussions were code like "friend of Dorthy."  Over time I began
to question my assumptions and once we emailed each other outside the more
dramatic context of FFL I decided that I had been wrong.  But it was never a
putdown on you to have thought that.  We both have dramatic sides that could
lead to people thinking I was gay.  I couldn't care less.

In the context of Barry calling you a drama-queen I don't believe he meant it
as a gay slur, he calls Jim that all the time and he is well known as hetero.
Perhaps in later posts he went further I don't know.

But please don't hold it against me ( unfortunate phrase I know) if in the
beginning I speculated about your orientation.  It was sincere confusion.