On Nov 2, 2011, at 5:32 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

> "Modern mainstream healthcare" isn't very good when it comes to diet.

It depends on the physician. I see an MD who's an Integrative practitioner.

> Too many doctors want a "one diet fits all" approach and that won't
> work.  And how many times have you heard as I have from air head
> nationalists "eat plenty of fruits and vegetables."  Vegetables yes but
> fruits can cause blood sugar imbalances and need to be addressed with
> care.  Doctors are lucky if they get one semester on nutrition.
> Probably the biggest influence on the body is what you eat daily.
>
> The ancients had a good handle on it be it Ayurveda or Chinese
> medicine.  It's really nothing much more than biochemistry but as one
> former med student told me many med students find biochemistry
> challenging and have difficulty passing the course.  Perhaps we should
> limit medicine to those with actually have a talent for it rather than
> those whose parents were doctors.

Biochem and P-chem are usually the make or break courses for most pre-Med
students.

Foods are drugs, albeit in very dilute forms. It's really that simple or that
complex. Element based medical systems put a friendly user interface on this
complexity so anyone can use it. But it's not a be-all and end-all. Much of the
laws of karma are stored in our underlying DNA.

Some things are actually much more difficult to handle with herbs and
supplementation than with common pharmaceuticals. And most holistic-type
practitioners do not possess the wisdom to distinguish the differences.

>> Jobs clearly signed his own death certificate with the strange idea that he
>> could force a rare form of pancreatic CA into remission through diet.
>> Occasionally you'll see someone who gets lucky with such an approach, but
>> almost invariably these types just suddenly disappear. Gone.
>
> I haven't checked into it yet but I heard a claim that he lived 8 years
> beyond diagnosis when 1 to 2 years is the average so some things he did
> might have helped.

The type of pancreatic cancer he had was a relatively rare one which was
survivable - if you didn't do the weird diet miracle-cure BS.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: