On 11/02/2011 10:19 PM, obbajeeba wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu<noozguru@...>  wrote:
>>>>
>>> Lots and lots of speculation going on. The fruitarians are saying he'd have
>>> never gotten cancer if only he'd stuck to fruitarianism all along. The
>>> low-carbers think he should have ditched all the cancer-food carbs and
>>> switched to a ketogenic diet. I'd side with the ketogenic diet over
>>> fruitarianism, but I really think he should have jumped at the chance to
>>> have that rare, survivable fucker cut out of his body early, when he had
>>> the chance.
>>>
>>> A friend of mine in FF was diagnosed with ovarian cancer early enough that
>>> she would have likely survived had she gotten surgery. But, she opted for a
>>> yearlong death spiral, doing all sorts of new-age alternative nonsense.
>>> Honestly, I think she really just wanted outta here.
>> My brother was never into anything new age but came down with colon
>> cancer at age 52.  The last few months he was into trying anything but I
>> knew it was too late.  Now if he had just eaten the diet he was eating
>> in his last few months he may have never gotten cancer in the first place.
>>
> It is not only diet that is causing cancer. Lot's of vegetarians die of
> cancer.
>
> In the seventies, I remember science teachers saying cancers would be
> creeping up in the next twenty years  or later because of all the nuclear
> testings and bombs dropped, etc.  I buy this story before the belief that
> diet causes cancer.
> Although, I do believe relief can be had for any ailment with a healthy diet
> and make life feel a bit better. Diet takes the blame out of all the
> government testings, thereby liability is passed to the individual exposed to
> all the crap.
> Another theory is our lives have changed so much due to work, environment,
> moving around etc.,  that the body is trying to adapt by  evolving at an
> accelerated rate (evolution gone haywire), increasing the incidences of
> cancer tumors, (they do grow their own supply of veins). Somewhere, there is
> an article on the net supporting the later and it made sense.  it is not a
> mystery black mass like in one of the Hollywood movies I saw. lol...
> I can't find it right now.

Where I grew up they thought it was cool to release some radioactive
material from Hanford to see what  it did to the population.  Many
people I grew up with came down with thyroid cancer beginning in the
1980s (the release was in the early 1950s).  I didn't like milk as a kid
(I'm a bit lactose intolerant) so that probably saved my life.

We've had fund raising for cancer research for decades now not to
mention other diseases and not much in the way of cures.  Might one
think that diseases are too much a profit center with for-profit
healthcare that there is little interest in creating cures though in
most cases prevention is the cure.  Plus there are those who feel that
wiping out much of the population through epidemics and disease is a
good thing as there are too many people on the planet.  And where are
all these new "souls" coming from or is there in reality only one soul
in the entire universe and we are part of that soul?