wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"

> > > Why not just use it once as a mantra for 10 or 20 min. and see
> what
> > > happens?
> >
> > So you think that the detrimental effects of a mantra, assuming
> there
> > are any,would be immediately noticable to anyone?
>
> FWIW:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritone
>
> ~;0

I once challenged my music theory teacher's claim that just about ANY
variation of produceable sound was called "music" by some culture or
another by mentioning the tritone.

Turns out there is a system of African music based exclusively on
tritones.

IOW, unless there's a documentable physiological effect from
tritones, there's no reason to assume that our wincing when we hear
one is due to anything more than cultural background.