On Aug 15, 2005, at 10:12 AM, authfriend wrote:

> Look at what Peter wrote again.  He said explicitly
> he is not talking about the "morphogenetic field"
> notion when he said the crap about lineages is absurd.

Why would I need to look at it again when I know from my own experience
how important it is? Why would I want to separate them?

It's also helpful in other ways. For example one may find other
students of your teachers original teacher and decide to hang with them
and see how the current of transmission developed there. Or experience
other aspects of the teaching. Personally I would not ignore the
interrelatedness, because it really seems that's how things are.  It
even can be important on a material level. Thus from my perspective
those who have used the TMO as a springboard for exploring other
aspects of the teaching seems an incredibly healthy way.

Now where you have someone selling a technique using phrases such as
"the Holy Shankaracharya Order" to bolster image and name brand and
price--yes, then we might agree, there is a downside to spiritual
materialistic aspects of line (which the TMO and it's CEO so admirably
embody). In many ways the TMO epitomizes Spiritual Materialism--at
least in the sense Chogyam Trungpa originally coined the phrase.

If it's not important to you and Dr. Pete, that's fine too.