On Aug 15, 2005, at 1:32 PM, authfriend wrote:

>>> Since there is nothing *for* him to "share" about
>>> the transmission details of the technique--as I
>>> just pointed out in the post you're responding to
>>> and quote above (i.e., it wasn't "transmitted" to
>>> him in the first place)--how could the fact that
>>> he doesn't share nonexistent details of a nonexistent
>>> transmission arouse suspicion?
>>
>> How could there be "nothing"?
>>
>> Are you using the True Believer "he cognized them" card?
>
> Just read this and get back to me, OK?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/c3owb

I guess I am to assume you are referring to this, which is really
nothing new:

"The discovery is of the effects of the Transcendental
  Meditation technique, whose introduction in 1958 was the work of
  an Indian scholar and teacher, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. In fact,
  Maharishi himself claims not to have invented the technique at
  all, but rather to have revived it. It is clear, however, that
  he reinvented it; that is to say, he rediscovered and thereby
  restored the original purity and effectiveness of a layer of
  human knowledge that, although praised and sung in the very
  oldest records of human experience, seems somehow to have been
  lost from view through confusion and disuse, even in the land of
  its origin. "

If he revived it, then it is "revived" from *something*, as in reviving
the corpse, the "corpse" is revived. What is that something that was
revived?

Of course it is also so deliberately vague.

(I am not going to play semantical circle games on this.)