--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> I was thinking that they would be playing the part of the
> Veda Tony imagines relates to that part of the body while
> the audience sits in the group trance after a meditation
> listening to the Vedic drone.  If they had pacifiers and
> glow rings we could call it a rave.
>
> The A of E and Chopra technique is a real departure from
> Maharishi's usual schtick.  Can you imagine the initiator's
> answer to any question from another system that described
> this practice?  It would get labeled superficial moodmaking
> before they were done describing it.

Exactly. You nailed it again. As teachers, we were
taught *explicitly* how to demonize such "guided
meditation" techniques and present them as so, so,
SO much less than the TM technique. As I remember,
TM apologists on this forum (TM teachers or just
wannabees) have done so as well. But I'm betting
we'll hear hear nary a peep from any of them about
the efficacy of this official new TMO product.

Which is curious in a way, because this technique
seems to me to be the very *antithesis* of the
"natural tendency of the mind" aspect of TM. The
whole point seems to be following what you are
told to think about and where to put your focus,
as opposed to TM's "take it easy, take it as it
comes" approach. By releasing such a guided medi-
tation, the TMO has effectively undercut its own
PR and sales spiels about its primary product, TM.

> I was thinking that the brain doesn't have sensation
> receptors and our internal organs have very few.  The
> whole thing is another imaginarium exercise carefully
> couched in lawyer generated language to imply but not
> make direct health claims.
>
> But back in the day it would have worked for me. Everything
> "worked" for me.  That is the nature of being really good
> at maintaining trance states.

And at maintaining the belief system you have been
taught to maintain, at any cost.

My bet is that if, at some future time, the TMO
powers-that-be introduce some technique that involves
actual focus or concentration (as did many of the
techniques that SBS actually taught), we'll hear a
similar resounding silence from those who have vehe-
mently decried such practices over the years.