--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:
[...]
> As has been said before, many times, Maharishi himself is the person who
> established this "link" between seeing other saints or teachers and being
> banned from TM courses and Domes and advanced programs. The Rajas did not
> think up this policy - it came straight from MMY and he enforced it his
> entire life - and they have decided to stick with the Master's policy.  To
> change this, they will have to be honest about that and then make a decision
> that it is okay to modify what Maharishi himself set up.  Not sure that will
> happen anytime soon.  Not with Bevan around.  Of course with Oprah interested
> and also seeing other saints and being very ecumenical indeed, that may push
> things a bit.  THe Rajas could announce that in this day and age of rising
> enlightenment globally, it is okay to be more open and less restrictive.  If
> they wanted to they could figure out how to change this.

Oprah wasn't participating in the session on a regular basis and she was
specifically there to promote TM so I'm sure they gave her a pass.

People seem to forget that the original reason to ban dealing with other
teachers was Robin Carlsen's antics. My own belief is that a large portion of
the saints that visit Fairfield, if they understood the history and reasons
behind the ban, would be sympathetic to the ban and actually stop visiting
Fairfield.

L.