--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <anitaoaks4u@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Buck" wrote:
> >
> > wgm,Good video clip.  I admire you took this bull by the horns and did this
> > Youtube clip.  It's a good attempt at teaching in a way the TM movement
> > can't now.
> >
> > I do very much remember Maharishi lecturing in detail about this on my TM
> > teacher training course (1973).  Then at some point in the discussion some
> > pointy headed intellectual skeptic got up to the microphone and started a
> > line of questions, "...where exactly is this column in the spine?"
> > "Where?"  After a while of this I could see Maharishi think to himself ,
> > "well fuck this..." he clammed up entirely right there on the subject and
> > went back to transcending meditation 101.   He never publicly revisited the
> > subject using these terms.
>

> Hadn't heard that, thanks. I think it at least needs to be known what the
> tmorg's position is on Kundalini, etc. Doesn't mean they have to overtly
> teach it, just acknowledge it, it's basic Yoga 101.

Yeah, looks like the new TM 'Ved and Physiology' course offering is about as
close as they will come.  It was already in the works as the founder died so it
is okay to release it as a new kind of technique.  Their challenge as they
evidently see it is to position it given all the railing they have done for so
long against other contemplative and concentrating (attention) practices and
maintain their market position of the brand and market share.  So it is buried
now more inside for now as continuing education and narry a chakra or kundalini
mentioned.

There is certianly a chance the Maharaja will do it with more traditional
language as the Ved and Physio model is billed as something he did together
with Maharishi.  Different from TM though, he could probably progress this and
modify the technique of the Ved and Physiology course in a way that TM is more
sacrosanct and they would not.  It is an interesting dynamic to watch in this
post-founder era.  -Buck