> <snip>
> > It is worth noting that most of the people discussing
> > these supposed higher states of consciousness that some
> > on this forum claim to have had are doing so completely
> > from a theoretical basis. They have personally never
> > had such experiences, and are basing anything they say
> > on theories given to them by Maharishi, who IMO was in
> > exactly the same boat they were. That is, only having
> > heard about enlightenment, and never having experienced
> > it. Even the early stages of it.

authfriend:
> Says Barry, who, having experienced all the stages of
> enlightenment, is able to discern precisely what
> experiences others have had and exactly what state of
> consciousness they are in, including MMY.
>
> Jai Barry!
>
> Why are we discussing this at all when we could just
> ask Barry to explain it to us, the whole nine yards?

Well, I think Barry already posted his explanation about
his enlightenment experience - maybe not the whole nine
yards - but most of it. It's the power of the 'koan'
given out to him by the Zen Master Rama. Maybe you just
missed the part about you being too ponderous to make
the 'breakthrough'.

"In my experience, the real value of a koan,
and why their value has been passed down to
history but misunderstood, is that there is
a power to a koan when it is *spoken* by a
teacher.  NOT as words, NOT in the same sense
that many here believe a mantra has power, but
a kind of synergistic thing, a perception on
the part of the teacher that this *particular*
set of nonsense words has the capability of
providing a breakthrough for this particular
student at this particular moment in time.
And, sometimes, it does.

However, the same set of nonsense words,
spoken to another student, may have no effect
whatsoever.  The same set of nonsense words,
pondered by someone ponderous, could only
serve to make her more ponderous..."

Read more:

Subject: Re: Two simple questions...
Author: Uncle Tantra