--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "richardatrwilliamsdotus" <richard@...>
wrote:

> seventhray1:
> > We just paid taxes of over $4,000.00 on our
> > house in our metropolitan are.  Our home is
> > nothing fantastic, but is reasonably nice.
> >
> > If  tea party people are objecting to what I
> > consider to be these excesses, then I am
> > sympathetic to their cause.
> >
> Property taxes should be abolished. It is an
> unfair system. If I were elected, I would author
> a bill that would replace all school district
> property taxes and wipe out  the taxing ability
> of local school boards.
>
> It's just outrageous, these property taxes! I
> don't even have any children attending public
> schools!
>
> In my government package, I would propose to
> elimnate all public schools and the federal
> department of education. The government has no
> business running schools. The current system
> of federal-run schools is a failure and is
> costing voters and homeowners a bundle!

You're criticizing a long tradition of public education in the USA.  There have
been many outstanding leaders and presidents who were educated from the public
school system.  Abandoning the system would deprive young people with talent
but with no financial support to get a better education, which is the
foundation of the democratic government in the USA.