> On Jan 1, 2012, at 1:09 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:
>
> > OK Robin,I tried. I took about two hours and re-read the whole thing
and worked my way through the first 3 posts again with comments. You
would not like any of them. I became increasingly frustrated that we do
not share the same values in how we judge people and how we define
friendship. It only inspired the kind of defensive soul deadening
writing that I despise. (Plus I had to create a soul for it to die so it
was no small thing.) You said some niece things at the end to regain
rapport, but it was just too little too late for me to embrace the
spirit of your words. I do appreciate them but feel too weary from all
that went before to have it make much difference. On their own, outside
the dissection of my faults, they might have turned the tide, I don't
know.

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> What is Enlightenment?
>
> Sutra eighty-eight
>
> It is knowing that one's boldness and Promethean
> prophecies are inspired from the Ego of God.
>

> -Robin W. Carlsen
>

> /in-flated/ 1. puffed out;
> swollen, pompous; 2. bombas-
> tic; high-flown; 3. increased or
> raised beyond what is normal
> or valid.
>

> The Masks of Inflation
>
> Inflation wears many different masks: a sense of superiority, vanity,
> self-satisfaction, a feeling of being special, an overestimation of
one's
> spiritual development and capacities, pride in ones spiritual
accomplish-
> ments and stature, aloofness, the feeling that no one is able to
> understand one's experience. Each of these is a mask of ego inflation,
> worn in delusion, with each wearer believing that his or her mask
> represents the true face.
>
> -Mariana Caplan

Saffy, I don't think Robin has any sense of
superiority and neither he is aloof.

He is just vain.  Vainity taken to the very
extreme.  His stupid declaration the the west is
more real than the east is puzzling.

What makes him conclude the west is any more real
than the east?