On 01/03/2012 02:17 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
> * Wind in your face.
>
> This, I understand, is a subjective thing. Some people
> really don't like the wind. Me, I love it, so today is
> just My Kinda Day in the Netherlands.
>
> It's cold, but not overly so -- 8 C / 46 F. But the wind
> is just tremendous -- a steady 40 mph gale, with gusts up
> to 70-80 mph. But no rain, so I can spend much of today
> out walking in it.
>
> There's something about a good wind that blows not just
> at you but -- if you know how to allow it to do so --
> *through* you. You put your face into the wind, let go
> of the self, and allow the wind to just blow it away.
>
> Strangely enough, after the wind has blown away all the
> crap, what's left is a feeling not of emptiness, but of
> fullness. Go figure.

Right now it is 45 F in sunny California and it has gotten down into the
20s the past couple weeks.  We are seeing a deterioration in the climate
where there are becoming two seasons instead of four.  We seem to be
developing a long winter and as milder summer.  A friend in Seattle I
talked to the other day is noticing the same thing there.  Of course
California houses are built for cooling not so much for heating and
there will be more expensive heating bills this winter.  And there has
been a lack of precipitation to the extent that the ski areas up in the
Sierras don't have any snow.  But then they may get dumped on later this
month and have snow until June.