<snip>
> Now think about some of the things that have been said, on
> equally as public a forum, about some on this forum. I have
> been called in the past a tax criminal, a liar, a pervert,
> and many other things. When I applied for residency in Spain,
> the first thing the official in charge of my application did
> when I left his office was Google me, to see what the Internet
> had to say about me. A month later, when I went back to the
> office to pick up the residency card he had approved for me,
> he showed me printouts of a few of the things he had found.
>
> Several of them were from Willytex or Nabby; the vast majority
> of them were from Judy Stein.

But none of the "vast majority" of the "few" things from
me he printed out called Barry either a tax criminal or a
pervert, just for the record. (And if he'd looked a little
harder, in fact, he'd have found posts from me defending
Barry from the charge of preying on young women.)

Fortunately I don't have to worry about getting a residency
permit or a job based on what Barry has said on the Internet
about me (including speculation that I'm gay--although any
place or position where that would be a negative wouldn't be
one I was interested in--and insinuations that I'm a racist).

IMO, anybody who's going to evaluate someone for a job or
residency or anything else of significance on the basis
of what's been said about them on Internet forums needs to
have a thorough understanding of Internet culture. Specific,
documented charges of serious misbehavior are one thing;
hostile or joking back-and-forth chatter of the type Barry's
official apparently dug up are quite another.