<snip>

> > > *A* central tenet of *some branches* of Buddhism.
> >
> > Yes, it is an unpopular idea. It is the tenet that is the
> > first one to get buried out of sight. Not very many people
> > like this idea. What we call the ego does not like this
> > idea at all.
>
> Who or what is there in you that *does* like it? You're
> not saying, as a no-self member of the Borg collective
> and all, that you (uh) made a decision to like or not
> like this, are you?

Another point you seem to be missing is that the sense of
self doesn't *disappear*, it's just that one no longer
identifies with it, as I understand it.

Plus which, the language just isn't designed to express
this properly. Some Neo-Advaitins substitute the workaround
"This body" or "This entity" for "I." But that gets
cumbersome and sounds dumb.