No complaints about your summation and it was instructive to see another
opinion on something I was so inside of.  I might ad that during the craziest
period Bob was trying to play both Robin and me, and it was Robin who got the
worst of that.

When Robin first came here I viewed him as an interesting resource but it took
a long time for me to figure out which side of the tracks he rode.  And I
didn't care.  When we were chirping about Lady Gaga I think we both sounded
like a couple of old queens!  So my comment to you that if I met him in person
it wouldn't surprise me if he showed up in a woman's dress was not meant to be
a putdown, he was just so unusual and flamboyant that I couldn't put my finger
on what he would look like.  Nothing would surprise me and if it had been a
dress I would have said, "of course, now it all makes sense".  But it was the
wild unpredictability of him that I enjoyed.  It made me write more
flamboyantly and I enjoyed that.

What I appreciated from you POV was your catching that at a certain point the
long time it took to decipher and respond to Robin's posts became a burden.  My
other responsibilities had changed over the months of our correspondence, so I
started picking a few things to comment on and not putting as much time in.  I
think you put your finger on when the wheels came off.  I couldn't sustain it.
He needed to also back off instead of doubling down to maintain it.

At that time he also reacted to some posts I made to others where my more
Christopher Hitchins side came out concerning religion and spirituality.  When
talking to Robin I naturally held back the amount of snark more natural for me
in discussing religion, but given a full unbuffered dose, I think he also came
to like me less. I believe he was wary that he might be the next target if he
chose to reveal his true inner mystical experiences.  He rightly assessed, I
think, that my view would probably not follow his own concerning the ultimate
importance of his inner world.  Of course I could be wrong, but that is my
sense.

I think he was looking for a substitute for real friendships here with the
expectations we have for people in our offline lives and due to the nature of
the place that seems unlikely.  You just can't stay in rapport with everyone
and still use the place to express unfettered opinions about sensitive topics.
And for me, that is its deeper value.  I need a place to write what I am trying
to figure out, not a place to find friends.  I have found people I consider
friends along the way, but that is also because they don't try to interfere
with my main mission here, they egg me one.  Sometime in a positive way, you,
sometimes in a negative way, Judy.

Anyway, thanks for the invitation for my two cents.