> Question: Some people have healing powers. They can cure other people.
>
> Maharishi: Yes.
>
> Question: Are these suggestive powers the strength of one mind over another
> mind, or someting else?
>
> Maharishi: There is mental healing through the power of the mind. But this
> healing power is a quality of the body. Some rays are being emitted all the
> time through the body, sometimes through the hands or other extremities of
> the body. Some constitutions develop more of these energy rays in their body,
> and when they meditate, greater energy is produced and begins to flow through
> their body. It is just a quality of the particular body. Some bodies gather
> more of these rays.

 Question: Placing the hands on the patient helps a great deal?

Maharishi: Because the healing power flows through their body. It flows through
the hand, and if they touch the suffering part it seems to get relief. The
healing power of the mind will not require any touching of the body; just a
thought will do. There can also be healing through vision. A man comes before
you, you look at him and he feels better--the same healing rays. Healing
through speech--if someone has a headache one may say, 'You have just a
headache, go home, it will be all right.' Some words are said and the headache
comes to an end.