wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > But you're *certain* the's gone crazy?
> >
> > Me?  Yeah, I'm pretty convinced of it.
>
> Only with this post have I seen the parallel: The
> Caine Mutiny. The independent TM teachers are
> mutineers who've done what they've done to save
> the ship.
>
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046816/
>
> In the book, though -- I don't remember if the movie
> covers this ground or not -- Queeg is vindicated in the end.

In a way.

In the movie, the last scene -- after the alleged mutineers triumph
at court and are found not guilty -- is the celebration of the
acquited and their friends.  Then their advocate -- played by Jose
Ferrer -- comes in drunk and says that they and himself all let down
Queeg because they should have been a friend to him.

> from http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/50s/caine-mutiny-
text.html

> Keefer quickly said, "Speaking, from ignorance, sir, my,
understanding is that mental