As of January 31, 2012, the debt rose under the Bush administration more
than had occurred under the Obama administration. It is clear under the
Obama administration the debt will increase more in his four years as
president   - *dollar wise* but probably not *percentage wise* - than
under Bush in his eight years as president.

The possibility remains that under Obama, the deficit would increase
about as much in eight years percentage wise as under Bush, but it has
not happened yet so we do not know. If Obama loses in the coming
election, Bush retains the title. But we need to remember that the
actual budget is formulated in Congress after having reviewed the
suggestion from the administration, and the president signs off on it or
not.

You guys are probably simplifying the issue too much; partisan bickering
does not solve the problem. Selective quoting of figures can be skewed
many ways. However you look at it, this is a problem that gets worse day
by day as long as the trend continues. Note that percentage wise, Reagan
takes the title, and that dollar wise, Obama takes the title in a few
months.

Graphic: Increase in Total Federal Debt as of Jan 31, 2012:

  [Deficits under Reagan Bush Clinton Bush Obama - US Treasury Data]

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@...> wrote:

> Absolutely!.  It's like the Republicans went into a restaurant, ran up
> bill and then ran out on it.  Republicans are scum!
>
> On 03/20/2012 11:28 AM, chris m wrote:
> > If the National dept was 15 Billion as you say inhireted brom Bush
and has rissen to 15 Billion, then it has only gone up a third dumbie.
and rember the economy was shedding 800,000 jobs per month when Obama
begain office, now we are gaing severaly hundreds of thousands of jobs.
> >     the fact is Bush almost ran us off a cliff and Obama saved the
US from a 2nd world depression.
> >     People are smarter than you think and don't buy your GOP
bullshit!!!

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4uno_reply@  wrote:

[http://adlog.com.com/adlog/i/r=14617&sg=1815&o=250%253a503544%253aB5035\
\

44%253a10457891%253a&h=cn&p=2&b=55&l=en_US&site=162&pt=8301&nd=503544&pi\
\

d=&cid=57400369&pp=100&e=&rqid=01phx1-ad-e18:4F689AC946D32D&orh=drudgere\
\

port.com&ort=&oepartner=&epartner=&ppartner=&pdom=www.cbsnews.com&cpnmod\
\

ule=&count=&ra=69.231.27.85&dvar=dvar%255fcid%253d57400369%2523dvar%255f\
\

exclude%253d%2523dvar%255finstlang%253den%252dUS%2523dvar%255fsession%25\
\

3dd&ucat_rsi=%2526ASK05540%255f10625%2526ASK05540%255f10648&pg=133226563\
\

6169971221921016&t=2012.03.20.17.47.20/http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/Ads/co\
\
> >> mmon/dotclear.gif]                                      National
Debt

<http://www.cbsnews.com/8300-503544_162-503544.html?contributor=41947>

<http://www.cbsnews.com/8300-503544_162-503544.html?categoryId=10457891>
> >> [Chart - Deficit 2012]  (Credit: CBS)  (CBS News) The National Debt
has
> >> now increased more during  President Obama's three years and two
months
> >> in office than it did  during 8 years of the George W. Bush
presidency.
> >> The  Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush
> >> presidency.  It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President
Obama
> >> took office.
> >>
> >> The  latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury
> >> Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion.
It
> >> was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which
> >> coincided with President Obama's first day.
> >>
> >> The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross
Domestic
> >> Product, the total value of goods and services.
> >>
> >> Mr.  Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring
Debt,
> >> saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug
> >> program with borrowed funds.
> >>
> >> The federal budget sent to  Congress last month by Mr. Obama,
projects
> >> the National Debt will  continue to rise as far as the eye can see.
The
> >> budget shows the Debt  hitting $16.3 trillion in 2012, $17.5
trillion in
> >> 2013 and $25.9  trillion in 2022.
> >>
> >> Federal budget records show the  National Debt once topped 121% of
GDP