--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
> > <anartaxius@> wrote:
> >
> > > We have the story, from MMY that he was the 'most favoured disciple', and
> > > the story **from others there at the time** [at Jyotir Math] that MMY was
> > > just a clerk. [Perhaps I did not write this clearly]
>
> > Your post have plenty of points to discuss. But just the one above, from
> > where did you hear that Maharishi ever said that ? It would be interesting
> > to know, even from 3'rd or 4'th hand.
>
> Others said it, as I said. Maharishi did not say it. Others who were at
> Jyotir Math at the time, said he functioned as a clerk, and that was his
> status. To my knowledge no one in the movement would say that because they
> got the story of those times that MMY told, which of course was that his
> position was much more exalted. Among other stories I have heard, MMY would
> do things on trips away from the ashram, but always would do what Brahmananda
> Saraswati asked him to do first.
>
> Simply on testimony alone, it is not possible to distinguish which is true or
> whether either is true, and as we were not there, we are left with what
> people have said. We also have to take into account that the clerk story
> comes via someone that claims MMY poisoned Brahmananda.

I'm glad you clarified the point that Maharishi never said such nonsense as "I
was the most favored disciple". He would never say such nonsense to elevate
himself above others. I also don't understand how anyone, unless they were
present at the time, could make such a statement.
But we do now from sources present that SBS's said that MMY could not become a
Shankaracharya but only because he was of the wrong cast and that SBS said
Maharishi would become more famous than any Shankaracharya. Which he did.
This has been confirmed by numerous people present at the time, amongst others
the Swami who lectured widely in Europe on behalf of Maharishi on the
summer-courses in the '60s and others.

He was SBS's secretary, answering letters because he was fluent in english and
had the initiative to do so, and was organizing tours for a rather active Math.