> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
> > <anartaxius@> wrote:

> > > Well you have heard various stories too, and I won't argue with you that
> > > your interpretation is any worse than others or mine. Right hand man, an
> > > administrative assistant would in my view, be more exalted than a mere
> > > clerk. Also the benefit of what MMY did around Guru Dev just by what
> > > attitude he had might have had far more benefit for him and growth of
> > > experience than might be supposed. I think MMY said he did not 'round
> > > much' at Jyotir Math. Most of his 'program' if you will was service, and
> > > that does not mean that it was imposed on him as a set of behaviours he
> > > was supposed to follow. Historically we don't know very much about
> > > specifics of what he was asked to do or not do.
> >
> > OK, Xeno, I asked you several very specific questions that
> > you don't appear to want to answer. They were all related
> > to your claim that MMY had said he was "Guru Dev's favorite
> > disciple," and that was really my only interest in your
> > post, and if you can't or aren't willing to support it, I
> > have nothing to add.
>
> I did not say he said that. Other people in the movement have
> said it. That is what they said.

C'mon, Xeno, you *did* say he said that. You wrote (see the
quote at the top):

"We have the story, **from MMY** that he was the 'most favoured
disciple'" (emphasis added).

> What you wrote is pretty much what MMY himself said, as far
> as I can see. As for being a clerk, that came from some
> lawsuit where I believe one disgruntled follower of Guru
> Dev said that was MMYs status.
>
> I am kind of busy so I do not have much time. By the way
> demanding answers doesn't always work. I am traveling at
> the moment, and connexions are sparse where I am.

I didn't "demand answers." I asked questions. You responded
with non sequiturs that didn't answer those questions. Fine,
that's your right. I observed that you hadn't answered and
said I had nothing further to contribute, as is *my* right.

And you've responded to *that* with a denial of what you
had written originally. I merely observe that this is what
you've done and decline to pursue the matter further, since
it seems it would continue to be unproductive.