--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> The most interesting studies on TM started to appear in 1980
> with the first Pure Consciousness study. The latest study cited
> in that passage was 1980. A clear pattern that I have pointed
> out to you before which you continue to deny exists.

The other fascinating thing here is that Vaj actually
quotes these researchers as saying something that
demonstrates they haven't a clue what TM's claims even
are:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
<snip>
> > Similarly, the initial claim
> > that TM produces a unique state of consciousness
> > different from sleep has been
> > refuted by several EEG meditation studies
> > that reported sleep-like stages during this
> > technique with increased alpha and then
> > theta power

Of course nobody ever claimed TM produces a unique
state of consciousness different from sleep
*throughout the meditation period*. That "sleep-like"
stages may occur during TM says nothing whatsoever
about whether TM produces a unique state of
consciousness different from sleep, let alone
*refutes* that claim.

This has also been pointed out repeatedly to Vaj.