On Apr 20, 2012, at 11:25 AM, cardemaister wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> Of course the lineal explanation is clear: if you're actually
> experiencing PC, need for sleep dramatically decreases. Same with
> witnessing: the well observed lineal pattern is if you're witnessing
> during sleep, the quality of sleep dramatically increases and the
> need for sleep dramatically decreases (to just a couple of hours). If
> you do not observe these basic effects, then you're probably not
> experiencing what you claim.

Guess have to admit, reluctantly, that makes quite
a lot of sense... :/

That's one thing the "writer" of Yoga-tattva-upanishad
seems to emphasize in connection with one of "his" techniques
to achieve "yogic flying" (bhuumi-tyaaga), namely 16-64-32 alternate nostril breathing, bringing about naaDii-shuddhi, eventually resulting
to kevala-kumbhaka, and e.g. svalpa-nidraa!

The key secret behind levitation sadhanas is mastery of the prana that supports thought processes, and it just also happens to allow hovering. The problem is, mastery of this prana entails raising this prana into the head/cranium. If you screw up, you screw up the prana that controls thought-forms - and you can go insane. The yogas to accomplish this are very secret consequently and require one-on-one instruction to prevent misuse.

I've camped out with yogis who were masters of sleep yoga and they would always go to bed after me and wake up before me, it was amazing.