http://www.pbs.org/art21/watch-now/episode-balance

________________________________
 From: Emily Reyn <emilymae.r...@yahoo.com>
To: "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2012 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Best app I've ever seen (was Re: Who's to blame?)

Except with this, one then has to "watch" a little screen and little person on
the phone, instead of experiencing the piece personally.  It takes the focus
off the user's experience of the museum installation as interactive between
human and art, so to speak.

I personally like to read about what I view, but having a bug in my ear,
someone else's voice, and/or some holographic-like image talking at me
distracts from my experience and relegates to something not nearly as
enjoyable.

A lot of art is about interaction.  This episode of Art21 on Balance was really
good, I thought, and the artists have some really great insights.  Sarah Sze
documents the thought process and purpose and functionality of her piece put in
the High Line park in NYC, for example.