--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> > Terrible last paragraph, gives the game away.
>
> Well, no, the studies do *suggest* this. They just don't
> do anything more than suggest.

They suggest it only if you don't want to look at more mundane
explanations. To stop searching once a cherished belief
has been apparently confirmed would be a mistake here. As I say
around a third of people who have the dead relatives component
also meet live ones, which means it's a crock - at least as far
as being some sort of "real" experience goes.

But it's a fascinating thing alright.

> Again, if the studies can successfully challenge
> materialism, that's a game-changer in and of itself.
>
> > All there is is the stuff of physics. If it doesn't fit in
> > with that, where is it?
>
> Your first sentence is the very premise that's being
> called in question. A better way to phrase what you're
> asking would be, "If the stuff of physics isn't all there
> is, where is the stuff that isn't physics?" That's a
> perfectly legitimate question, but let's see if it needs
> to be asked first.

Obviously, but suggestions of eternal life *are* asking the
question. If there is a transcendent realm it's going to
have to interact with our own for this stuff to be objective,
therefore it will be measurable.