--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <jedi_spock@...> wrote:

> Research has shown some indications that genes get cross
> switched during the embryonic stage.
>
> The result is perfectly healthy male born with female
> pheromone receptors in the nose or perfectly healthy female
> born with male pheromone receptors in the nose.
>
> If that's the case, a "cure" is possible when genetic
> engineering becomes more advanced.

I know you put "cure" in quotes, Jason, but here's a
question based on that word.

If no one had been raised thinking that there was in
any way anything "wrong" with males preferring males
or females preferring females, would the word "cure"
ever have come up, or have ever had any relevance to
the fact that some have those preferences?

It seems to me that the prejudice had to have come
first. Otherwise there is no basis for the concept
of having to be "cured" of having that disposition.

My point, if I have one, is that, as in so many other
cases, the dogma came first, followed shortly there-
after by the prejudice.