--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk"
wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > I think Warren Berman donated most of the money for the weight
in
> > > gold. I wonder if Tony got to keep the gold or graciously
handed
> it
> > > over to MMY.
> >
> > The money was a grant was funded by the Global
> > Development Corporation.  It was put in a bank
> > to fund Nader's scientific research.
>
> The press release of Feb. 6, 1998 quite clearly says that "Tony
> Nader ... will receive his weight in gold".
>
> It then goes on several times to refer to it as an "award", NOT a
> grant.
>
> Are you trying to tell us that the following paragraph somehow
> suggests the money was a grant?
>
> "The award is being offered with the support of the Maharishi
Global
> Development Fund – in fact, it is the first performance of this
$400
> million Fund recently set up in the U.S.A. to support the
development
> and reconstruction of the world according to Natural Law."
>
> ...'cause if you are, the above paragraph, at best, is a confusing
> ambiguous statment that does NOT make clear whether it is the
> weight in gold given to Nader which is to support the development
> and reconsruction of the world according to Natural Law or whether
> it is the $400 million fund

"The Fund has concluded that Professor Nader's research has provided
a powerful scientific basis for this programme because it has
demonstrated how crucial is the relationship of individual life to
cosmic life, and how vital it is to maintain balance between the
individual nature of intelligence and its cosmic status, so that
natural harmony and order prevail, and everyone enjoys maximum
health, happiness and good fortune."

The Fund, in other words, is supporting the
development and reconstruction of the world
according to Natural Law by giving a grant to
Tony Nader to continue his research.

...and, at worst, contradicts the
> wording of "award" and "will receive his weight in gold".

Grants are frequently referred to as "awards."

"Professor Nader will be seated on one side of a special scale, and
gold will be piled up on the other side until the scale balances.
This gold then will be given to Professor Nader as his scientific
award, and deposited in a bank to support his continued scientific
work."

These quotes are from the same page you quoted from.