> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > The true story from someone who was at the deathbed of Guru Dev:
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdoEduxgRsY
> >
> > Aha! The old Jiva transfer trick humm, I should have known,
> > maybe HE is the true successor, (he kind of sounds like
> > inspector Clouseau anyway).
>
> It *does* sound like quite a trick, especially given
> that the first thing that Brahmananda Saraswati's jiva
> did in its new body was try to commit suicide, and
> follow its old body (SBS's) to the bottom of the Ganges.
> One presumes that having gotten a taste of what it was
> going to be like living in Maharishi's body, actual
> death looked like a better alternative.  :-) :-) :-)

OK, I know that the above may strike many as
heretical and irreverent, but hey!...that really
was my first reaction. I was already anticipating
the dogma kerfuffle.

I mean, if you're a TB and choose to believe this
new story, you've got to reconcile it with other
older, more established stories that are already
part of the Maharishi canon. The tale of Maharishi
throwing himself into the river and trying to follow
Guru Dev to his watery grave has been told so many
times that few would deny that it is a de facto
part of the TM dogma.

So, to integrate that famous story (diving into
the Ganges in an apparent attempt at suicide)
with this new one (the jiva doing the diving was
really SBS), it strikes me you've got some
'splaining to do, Lucy.

If anyone would like to try to resolve the two
stories, and explain how you believe both, I for
one am all ears.