On Jun 29, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

> Sounds like an Indiana Jones scenario. Is Harrison Ford available?

I know. We’ll have to drop the Thuggee slant and substitute another more
obscure, perhaps cannibalistic sect.

Actually the thing that has this guy so worried, what David Sieveking said in
David Wants to Fly, is actually touched on more deeply in the unpublished part
of the interview with the Shankaracharya of Jyotir Math. He states that
Maheshiji deliberately created a situation that divided the Shankaracharya of
the North into two by supporting and paying for a faux Shankaracharya. He
states flat out Mahesh used a ‘divide and conquer’ strategy to further his own
ends.

Hopefully when the DVD is released the extras will include a subtitled version
of the full interview, which is damning for the false history that the TMO has
purposefully forwarded for decades and reveals Mahesh for who he truly was.

On how the TM Sidhi Programme is not the path to enlightenment

Whenever a man begins meditation there are many achievments that fill his path.
However they only cause him distractions and he must stay vary of them because
Yoga is not about these achievements but it is about a larger goal...it is
about a more accomplished journey. It is not about flying. If you start
thinking of these things then you will never find peace of mind or
enlightenment.

If a man is close to attain his goal God himself will put up some achievements
[siddhis] in his path to serve as obstacles. Man himself in the form of the
respect that the yogi will receive from his fellow beings, causing him to be
distracted and inflate his ego. People will start worshipping him; His fame
will spread far and wide and whatever he wishes in his heart will come true.
Like you say in your heart that you wish to have some sweets and before you
mention it to anyone that particular sweet arrives!...all these things come in
the way of the Yogi and disturb his meditaion hence we must only concentrate on
our meditation and not think of anything else.

- HH Swami Swarupananda, Jagadguru of Jyotirmath.

On How Maharishi Mahesh Yogi tried to divide the Shankaracharya of the North

...he was very smart and shrewd. He was responsible for the controversy over
Shankaracharya’s here in Jyotirmath. He wanted to put up here a Shankaracharya
who would listen to him. That was his motive behind dividing the Jyotirmath.

- HH Swami Swarupananda, Jagadguru of Jyotirmath.