On 06/29/2012 08:33 AM, Vaj wrote:

> On Jun 29, 2012, at 10:54 AM, turquoiseb wrote:
>
>> OK, I know that the above may strike many as
>> heretical and irreverent, but hey!...that really
>> was my first reaction. I was already anticipating
>> the dogma kerfuffle.
>>
>> I mean, if you're a TB and choose to believe this
>> new story, you've got to reconcile it with other
>> older, more established stories that are already
>> part of the Maharishi canon. The tale of Maharishi
>> throwing himself into the river and trying to follow
>> Guru Dev to his watery grave has been told so many
>> times that few would deny that it is a de facto
>> part of the TM dogma.
>>
>> So, to integrate that famous story (diving into
>> the Ganges in an apparent attempt at suicide)
>> with this new one (the jiva doing the diving was
>> really SBS), it strikes me you've got some
>> 'splaining to do, Lucy.
>>
>> If anyone would like to try to resolve the two
>> stories, and explain how you believe both, I for
>> one am all ears.
>

> Actually, what it fits in with is the story that Maharishi stole Guru
> Dev's Sri Yantra. In this latest version of the story, Maheshiji shows
> his real colors and steals Guru Dev's soul voudoun-style, so then
> along with the Sri Yantra he could obtain supreme magical power:
> wealth and fame.
>
> Of course the previous story was that Maheshiji stole the Sri Yantra
> and then travelled India till he found someone to learn how to
> activate the materialistic aspects of the yantra for wealth and power.
> In this new twist, he steals Guru Dev's soul and the yantra.
>
> In the movie version, after the Maharishi's death Hagelin and King
> Tony find a secret chamber below Maheshiji's mansion which contains
> the stolen Sri Yantra in a specially designed  temple, which also
> encases Guru Dev's jiva in a giant quartz crystal. All the yagyas
> performed over the years were actually being channelled into the
> force-field that holds Guru Dev's soul in crystalline
> soul-imprisonment. The temple is filled with all the accoutrements of
> a tantric black magician, custom made for Maharishi by Thugee
> survivors from Bengal.

Sounds like an Indiana Jones scenario.  Is Harrison Ford available?
Never mind, I think the last I read is there is another Indiana Jones in
the works but Harrison is too old to play the role. Remember the "Young
Indiana Jones" TV series?  They had an episode where Indiana hung out
with a young Krishnamurti.  They also had one where he met Ho Chi Minh
as a young lawyer trying to get the League of Nations to expel the
French from his country.

Looks like we have some TB'ers trying to turn TM into a belief system
with stories like these.