--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Jul 1, 2012, at 3:59 PM, cardemaister wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:

> > > No. RV IX.60.1-4 was what I was thinking of.
> > >
> > > "Oh sing a song,a song of praise
> > > To the clear and swiftly flowing
> > > Drop of crystal with a thousand eyes."\
> > >
> > > It is you with a thousand eyes,
> > > It is you with a thousand ways
> > > That they purified with the sieve.
> > >
> > > Swiftly ran the drop of crystal
> > > Steaming through the sieve and rushing into the jars,
> > > Finding it's way to the heart of the senses."
> > >

> > Respect! kâshyapo 'vatsâra (kâshyapaH; avatsâraH) really
> > is the RSi of that sûkta! :o
> >
> > http://is1.mum.edu/vedicreserve/rk_veda/rk_ved_m9.pdf
>

> LINK

Perhaps this is old news:

Yogic flying traditionally stems from the Vedic rishi Avatsara, "the
flying-one". Later yogic texts also describe this siddhi ("perfection") in
varying degrees of detail, most notably the Yoga Sutra of Patanjali.
A system of yogic flying also exists within the inner tantras
(anuttara-tantras) of Tibetan Buddhism as a system to attain enlightenment. In
this system the practioners work at the dissolution of the vital airs, prana,
into the centermost part of being, the avadhuti or "central channel". In the
initial stages this is used in a system of yogic-running where the practitioner
is able to proceed across the ground in large jumps. Some of kings of the
Himalayan kingdoms kept speed-runners from this tradition to carry messages
over long distances.
Once perfected, the adept of this school (rlung-gompa) can then work for the
attainment of simultaneous bliss and emptiness (in Sanskrit, shunyata).
Ultimately one attains mahamudra siddhi, total non-dual realization, and is
able to radiate bodhichitta, the thought of enlightenment, for all sentient
beings.

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Yogic_flying_-_History_of_Yogic_Flying/id/1958305