--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emptybill" <emptybill@...> wrote:

> Who transcends what?

Always a good question.

> There are 112 ways of transcending ... in the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra.

Yep. Maharishi has made an allusion to it in the SCI course, but instead of
naming the VBT he mentioned the Shiva Sutras as a source. There is a commentary
available of the VBT by Jaideva Singh a disciple of Lakshman Joo, he also has
commentaries on the Shiva Sutra and other Kashmir Shaivic scriptures.

The second allusion to this topic I read is by Mirra Alfassa, companion to Shri
Aurobindo. She mentions that one can get to Nirvana at each chakra. This is one
thing I actually experienced myself: In my olden TM days, one day, I
'transcended', the way it used to be in TM and which I had experienced
regularly, throughout the years, but this time I noticed that the 'slipping
into' the transcendence occurred at the heart. Makes some sense if you think
that Ramana Maharshi always mentioned the heart to be the physical location of
he Self.

But later, as other chakras had developed naturally, I experienced other 'ways'
of transcending. I can't say that the heart isn't involved anymore, as all
chakras are much more connected now. I have once tried to describe it here, but
all TMers ere running storm, because they think in transcendence I shouldn't be
able to notice. But quite obviously it is possible.

And Emptybill, about these experiences I have asked all the great Advaita guys,
like say HWL Poonja, or Ramesh Balsekar, and they couldn't do anything with my
experiences especially of the crown chakra. When I visited Poonja in Lucknow, I
had a really good experience with him toward the end, some people around me
thought I was enlightened  - yet it wasn't stable, but when I went to South
India afterward, I visited an Ashram in Bangaluru, that of Shiva Bala Yogi when
he was still alive. I actually didn't meet him, just meditated in his office,
but had a major Kundalini experience. From that I could say that it went way
beyond anything I saw or experienced at Poonjajis.

I am not, in any way writing off Advaita, but Tantrism has more answers for me
quite obviously. I can also see this when I visit say the Ashram of Ramana
Maharshi vs Sri Aurobindo. For a number of external reasons I like
Tirunvannamalai better that Pondy, but there is something at Aurobindos Samadhi
I don't find at Ramanas. Maybe its just different strokes for different people.