On 8/27/05 2:03 PM, "Patrick Gillam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What I'm picking up from this discussion is that
> there is darshan that's all about the wakefulness
> in the room, and there's darshan that's about
> shakti, or energy. Different things?

Different things.

What I was pointing out was merely how this term has developed a new meaning
and significance--even in traditions where darshan is not part of the trip
per se. Once Muktananda appeared on the scene, if your guru didn't have good
darshan...damn, maybe you should start looking for new one!

In the 70's and 80's in the movement many were reading _The Play of
Consciousness_ and that seemed to implant this idea.