On Aug 5, 2012, at 5:40 PM, cardemaister <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> > > Why?
> > >
> > > Perhaps he didn't care if he was murdered?
> >
> > So you're posing that he was suicidal?
> >

> WTF!? Oh, well, shucks... :D

Well if he had actual (not alleged) foreknowledge, his preciousness as a yogi
could have benefitted more beings had he lived longer, so therefore ignoring
that reality, one would be in effect, be committing suicide not only for
oneself, but for those who could have benefitted from his life, had he lived.
It would be, in more Hindu terms, as if he ignored those enmired in samsara -
for his own karmic benefit or escape.

Magnified consciousness does come with magnified responsibilities, no?

But I suspect the story relayed here has more to do with post hoc inventions of
his disciples than TWB himself...