--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@> wrote:
> >
> > http://www.miraclesofthesaints.com/2010/10/levitation-and-ecstatic-flights-in.html
> >

> It's just a shame that they seem to have stopped just before
> the invention of cinema.

RESPONSE: No, "they seem to have stopped" because they stopped. God--or the
supernatural grace which precipitated this miracles--said: Fuck it! I've had
it. I'm going to change up the game.

And ever since then (just before our lifetime) there ain't no miracles (or if
there are, they are not being done through the agency which determined the
miracles in this article).

I think if cinema had been around in the 13th to 16th centuries in particular,
the Holy Ghost might have permitted there to be a few miracles filmed. But
maybe not. It might have destroyed the meritorious value of faith. "Show me the
nail marks, Jesus, baby--that is, if you really resurrected."

The veracity or purported veracity of an eyewitness account is of course a
special field of investigation. But, even were I totally skeptical, I would, in
going through all what is said in this article, find my skepticism
significantly challenged.

I suspect that it what happened to you--when you began reading.

No, the present ontological context of the universe would make Saint Francis of
Assisi probably an honest existentialist (of the atheistic variety).

No one will levitate or fly in my lifetime. This seems certain to me, because I
sense zero miracle potential in the universe.

But when I read these accounts *it is a very different metaphysic* I encounter.
A metaphysic which simply does not exist and therefore would seem never to have
existed.

I think your reaction a normal and healthy one.