> > Dr. Harung also found that top-level performers outscored the control
> > groups in a test of moral development. Higher moral development implies an
> > expanded awareness where the individual is able to satisfy the interests of
> > other people and not just his or her own needs, according to Dr. Harung,
> > who added that is remarkable that high levels of performance in a wide
> > spectrum of activities are connected to high moral standards.

> Yep, 'not transcendental and not close to enlightenment'.  As I have
> contended before here, the problem we collectively are fighting here is low
> alpha-coherence non-meditation and all those others too who actively practice
> non-transcending meditations in the name of some religion or spirituality.
>

> > > Scientists have long known that top athletes, musicians, and executives
> > > can enter "the zone" during optimal performance; now, new research
> > > suggests they may be simultaneously experi­encing higher states of
> > > consciousness. In a study published by the Journal of Human Values,
> > > Norwegian researcher Dr. Harald Harung found that world-class performers
> > > displayed unique brain wave characteristics that were distinct from those
> > > of the control group. He also found correlations between high performance
> > > and the subjective experience of "higher states of consciousness," which
> > > include inner calmness and happiness amidst dynamic activity; maximum
> > > wakefulness, effortlessness, and ease of functioning; and a sense of
> > > perfection.

Yes, well according to the science if there's no alpha wave coherence between
the parts of the brain then there's no transcendence.  And yes, there's a lot
of 'meditation' out there that is not only non-alpha coherent but also evident
incoherence producing practice.  Like, what are all those people doing 'five
times a day' on their knees?  The problem we all have is all that non-alpha
incoherent 'non-meditation' and an evident drag of non-meditators out there.
In a modern world we certainly want for a better public health policy for
everyone having to do with healthy brain physiology that should uplift everyone
out of the stone age.  That is worth fighting for.
-Buck