> A Norwegian researcher has published a new study on peak experiences among
> world-class performers in management, sports, classical music, and a variety
> of professions, which found that during optimal performance they
> spontaneously experience "higher states of consciousness."

> > > "The experience of the transcendent is not unique to TM practitioners or
> > > peak performers; it's unique to human beings. It's what we experience
> > > when the activity of feeling and thinking and perception settle down and
> > > the mind experiences its most expanded state of awareness. It's the
> > > experience of pure unbounded consciousness and it's available to anyone."

> > And all those Buddhist no-alpha wave incoherent meditators in that part of
> > the world they don't help neither.

In a 1971 talk, Maharishi was asked, "How does TM influence the practice of
one's religion?"  Maharishi's explanation was of how the TM  technique enhances
the practice of an individual's religion. "This is what Transcendental
Meditators experience in their life. As they start to dive deep within, they
begin to feel better and the stresses are less and life becomes easier and
`help thy neighbor' becomes an instinct, an inspiration to everyone. One
doesn't have to know from the teaching to know that `help thy neighbor' is a
good thing. It becomes a habit. So in this way one begins to live their
religion. Living the religion is by developing pure consciousness."