<curtisdeltablues@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" authfriend@ wrote:
>
> > Curtis *could* have avoided all but #1 (at least as far as we
> > know; was the email really all Sal's idea? did she run it by
> > him, and if so did he encourage her to send it?).

Yea, it's a pretty low inference to make.  But it is from the same
playbook that states that if someone writes something and then
attributes it to someone else, by signing another persons name to it,
then that person, to whom it was attributed is within their rights to
ask that this not be done again, but not to claim that they are being
misrepresented.  Keep in mind that the misappropriation may remain
forever on the internet unless it is deleted.
You would think that, apart from stating something is an obvious parody,
that the party who made the misrepresentation would apologize and make a
retraction of some sort.  Instead the misrepresented party is asked to
prove that they were misrepresented, and then be judged as to whether or
not they were misrepresented by others who have shown themselves to be
hostile to this person in the past.
You wonder what the #1 point stated above could possibly morph into.
That others found the situation so funny indicates to me a lack of
empathy should they find themselves in that same situation.